Wednesday, July 6, 2011

KIP (Kaleidoscope in Progress)

It wasn't as difficult to sew the blocks together as I thought. There were only a couple that were a bit off. I have not worked with bias cut fabrics that much and next time I think I will starch my fabric before I cut it. Besides handling, the fabric stretches when it is ironed not PRESSED. Overall I was very pleased with the way it turned out. 






Posting these pictures has really helped me see the things that need to change (the blue block) before I get them all sewn together. It didn't work this time because I made last minute changes and didn't photograph it before I began sewing. The things you learn through this process. Learning and having fun, what a concept!

Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts is having a quilt along starting Monday so go on over and check it out. It's for her birthday, so join in.

Until next time, happy sewing.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your kaleidoscope. I've been dwelling on one of my own.