Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oh No, More Yo-yo's!

I just finished 40 more yo-yo's for my yo-yo quilt along. Thanks to Penny at sewtakeahike for hosting a QAL. I couldn't believe it when I found out other people love these odd little circles too! And enough to do a quilt along. I'm sure you can join in if you feel so inclined to give it a try, or add to the bag you already started years ago. You have until October to get them all done.Yo-yo's are great fabric therapy as long as you don't stress over how many you make.




I started sewing my Kaleidoscope squares together but the old "now I know what it's going to look like it's time to start the next project" syndrome set in. 
I can't believe some people are doing 6 quilt along projects at one time! I thought 2 was plenty for now.


Photo by Hattie Wilcox


Sparky is sitting in one of the cubbies that was empty when I moved into my new sewing rooms. Of course he has to be right in the middle of everything when I am cutting or sewing. I was making yo-yo's earlier and I use a TV table for my fabric and supplies while making them. He jumps on the table and proceeds to lay down knocking over whatever he has to in order to fit. He's a small cat but not that small! Meow.

Enjoy your holiday weekend. Until next time, happy sewing.


No comments: