Monday, September 5, 2011

Pillowcases Got Me Going

This recovery has been way too slow for me. I needed something I could do and finish quickly. I think that's called instant gratification. 


I haven't seen the twins in about six weeks and that is the longest I have been away from them since they were born. I want to take them something I made, and pillowcases came to mind. I have had this fabric since they were little and hope it isn't too 'young' for them. They are still under three so this should be good. I was so excited to make these, and I had forgotten how easy they are, I think I see a lot of different pillowcases in their future! I'm not usually into holiday prints but I am now on a mission so I will keep my eyes open for happy Halloween fabric.



Pillowcases for the twins. 9/2011
Miranda's favorite color is pink and Sophie's favorite is green. They are alike, but they aren't, just like the girls.

Floralicious fabric line pillowcase  9/2011
This one I made for me just because I LOVE this fabric.

With a 3 day sewing retreat coming up next weekend I need to work up to sewing all day so I won't wuss out and have to come home early. A friend made up a kit so I don't have to worry about having enough fabric cut to sew on for three days. We'll see how well I do. Happy to be back into my sewing world with lots of ideas in my head.

Thanks to all those that sent their positive healing thoughts my way. A person can never have too many friends wishing them the best. Now on with life!

Until next time, happy sewing.





1 comment:

Vic H. said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and I'm sure the girls will love the new pillowcases!! Enjoy your retreat next weekend...