Tuesday, September 27, 2011

On the Road Again

I am so glad to be in my sewing room for long stretches of time instead of just a few minutes here and there. I'm not getting near as many books read, but that's a good thing. I feel great!
  
I signed up to do the Bloggers BOM organized by Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works. I had it on my calendar that the first block would be available yesterday so I was excited to get started. If you don't know about this quilt along, go check it out here. You have a whole month to get the first block finished. This morning I picked out my fabric and I just finished the block. I have to say I was very pleased with the results.


Bloggers BOM September 

I am also doing another project that has taken a lot of my time that I vowed NOT to do. I saw a lot of my blogger friends were doing it and I told myself I was not going to start it. Well, guess who started the Farmers Wife? I am doing it in my brights so they will be different than most. A few friends and I get together twice a month to do Farmers Wife. I have found that if I get the fabrics picked out at home and put them in the sleeve all I have to do when we meet is cut, sew, visit and eat, of course.



Farmers Wife 9/2011

With my blue bag in hand along with my sewing machine I am ready.I only have about 5 blocks finished so after tonight I should have plenty for a post. Stay tuned for Farmers wife, Thangles, and itty bitty half square triangles.

Until next time, happy sewing. 

No comments: