Monday, October 3, 2011

Two Projects

I am working on so many projects at once and it is so much fun. I told you about the Farmers Wife project that I am doing with a local group. Last week much of my time was spent choosing fabrics for the blocks. I haven't done much traditional block assembly so this is a learning curve for me. They are at least turning out the right size so I am thrilled with that.


Farmers Wife 9/2011


Sparky just has to be in the middle of whatever I do if he is awake.  I find myself leaving my studio when he wants to lay right in the middle of my cutting table. Yes, when I'm trying to cut! When he was younger I made a bed for him I would put near by and he would be satisfied to sit on that. Now, no such luck.



Farmers Wife 9/2011


You might notice I am not using traditional colors. These will be made of only the fabrics I have in my stash. A stash buster it is not because the squares are only 6".


Farmers Wife 9/2011

Just a sample for now. When I finish more blocks I will put them up on my design board and show you all that are done.

Here is the other project that I have been working on since late last week.


Pick-Up Sticks 10/2011

This is on the cover of the latest issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine. The fabric is Terrain by Kate Spain for Moda. It is not a stash buster for me because I was looking in my studio for fabrics and couldn't settle on any. I was at one of my local shops for a meeting and lo and behold I was stopped in my tracks when I saw this fabric and knew I had to have it for this project. Unfortunately I now have enough for an over sized king bed thinking this was going to be my next quilt for our bed. My husband saw it on the design board and said he loved the colors but the lines going this way and that was not for him. He didn't know it was going to be our next quilt. He's an engineer, what can I say. Maybe I will stand on the corner and sell it to the highest bidder when it's done.


I'm still working on my itty bitty half square triangles. Will post soon.

Until next time, happy sewing, quilting, whatever you do, do it with a smile!

1 comment:

Lynne Gibbons said...

Looks terrific Sharon! You are amazing GF!