Friday, November 4, 2011

Hand Applique Project

Cleaning up my studio I came across some old projects that I am interested in finishing. You know how you can spend so much time on a project you put it away and never want to see it again? Well that was the case with this one. These are hand dyed fabrics in the colors I love. I don't remember the pattern I used.


The question now is, do I put a sashing between the blocks and frame or just frame?


Applique Flowers

My method of applique is different than most. After making a few small Hawaiian style pieces I learned a way to help me be more accurate in following the pattern.

Flower applique detail

Our Farmers Wife group meets again on Tuesday, which is always fun. The MQG group met last week and we are doing a pillow exchange for our December meeting. My partner wants modern and funky. That is right up my alley. 

Until next time, happy sewing.

2 comments:

Vic H. said...

I don't know what to say about the sashing (maybe black??) but your stitches on the applique look wonderful!! I'm impressed...

Get it done for show and tell at the next MQG meeting ;-)

Hattie said...

This one is the coolest . . .