Friday, December 16, 2011

East Coast Project

I am not MIA but you probably think so since my last post was in early November. During this time I went to visit my son and DIL in Fort Collins Colorado and I am now back from my 12 day trip to my sisters in Connecticut. 


We went to Great Barrington Massachusetts to see my nephew. In another road trip we went through Massachusetts and New Hampshire on our way to Kennebunkport Maine. The Kennebunkport Inn was great and the food at the One Dock restaurant was to die for. Also saw the Atlantic Ocean with a full moon shinning above. What a great adventure. The days we were at home we worked on a project that was new to me and exciting. An upcycling project to make a pillow.


Upcycled Pillow December 2011

I was in charge of the sewing while my sister did the cutting. Never did count the pieces.


Hours of sewing pieces together.

Sewing, sewing, sewing, sewing, sewing!

Almost finished!

I spent the entire day sewing and the end result was a really fun pillow. I think it ended up being about 24" x 24".  It is very, very soft as you can tell by the fuzz. 

Being so carefree for the past 2 weeks with no guilt about not doing my projects was much needed but it is now time to get down to business and work on my 'to do' list. 

The family will be together for Christmas which I am always thankful for. Hope all of you will have a great holiday season and until next time, happy sewing. 

2 comments:

Hattie said...

We had the best time in Pillow Fabrication, and the conversation and refreshments were divine.

Vic H. said...

Sharon, what is the fabric made from? Upcycled what?? Cute design...