Friday, June 1, 2012

MQG Journal Swap

It was journal swap night at the MQG meeting. I received a really, really cool one. We supplied an 'inspiration' fabric and they added however much of whatever fabric they wanted. I love it!

Journal Swap MQG May 2012

The fabric I gave her was the top one. I love what she did with it.

Here is the front of the one I gave. My design was inspired last month when the big meteor dropped from outer space and landed somewhere in the world with a big boom. 

MQG Journal Swap  May 2012

I used raw edge circles and King Tut variegated quilting cotton to make my circles look like they are exploding! 

Journal detail

This was a really fun project and the journals that were products of this swap were amazing. Will send a link as soon as our guild gets their photos up. 

The orange challenge, hmmm....

2 comments:

Cola said...

I love what Patty did. The pink skirt is super cute.

And I love the thread you used in the star pattern on the circles. Great idea!

Julie said...

you used your washi!! and the quilting of stars is fantastic!! LOVE it!!