Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hawaii Twins and Sister



These quilts put a smile on my face and the fact they are done is due to a good friend quilting them. They would still be in a pile waiting to be quilted if I was responsible for getting them quilted. Thanks Zany Quilter. Check out the close up quilting there. She did a wonderful job. Thank you Zany Quilter

I didn't follow a pattern, I just stacked, cut and shuffled to do the blocks. It is all freehand cutting. Give it a try, it's fun.

Hawaii Twins Nov. 2012
The boys quilts are the same except the backs. One is blue with trucks and one is gray with trucks. The binding matches the backs. The backs being different is so they will know which one belongs to them. 

Hawaii Twins back Nov. 2012

Sisters quilt I did quilt and I am very pleased with my work. It was fun but I still think that is an art in it's self. 

Twins Sister quilt Nov. 2012

That border is called piano keys and I love doing them. I"m usually not a border person but I like this one. I also made her a pillowcase that has colorful fishes on it because I heard she loves the ocean. Now to get it all in the mail. It will arrive before the boys turn one so I have met my goal that I have a year after they are born to get the little ones their quilts. Their cousin in Virginia is on the list.

Until next time...have fun, whatever you do!


2 comments:

Vic H. said...

Nice job on the quilts...seems like you are on a roll!! ;-)

Lynne Gibbons said...

Sharon, I love these quilts. The wonky stuff is fun to make, isn't it?