Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday With the Girls

I returned from the Road to California quilt show with lots of ideas and a few patterns. It had been 10 years since I attended a national quilt show. Some friends and I stayed two nights and had a blast. I did buy a selvage book of patterns. I have been saving selvages for years now. 

After 11 hours of sewing today I am thrilled with my accomplishments.  I didn't sew any of these blocks together yet but here is what I produced.


Selvage blocks Jan. 2013
They are foundation pieced and brights are all I have so these are going to be pretty colorful. They don't take as long as they look so save your selvages and give it a try. You might be surprised. I find the depth created in these blocks very interesting.

Scrappy Trip Around  Jan. 2013
Here is the beginning of my scrappy trip around. It is popular with lots of bloggers I read so I decided to check out how my stash looks in this pattern. It is fun to do but a bit tricky after eight or nine hours of sewing. I had some 3 strip sets already sewn together for another pattern that I decided not to make so I used those to get started. I guess I was into the food fabrics then.

No Dancing Stars today but they are not forgotten. Just needed something different.

Make time for sewing. It is great therapy!

2 comments:

jan said...

Your selvedge blocks are really cool! I am not surprised that it is bright! I am itching to try the trip along! I might have to sew up a block, just to see...

Vic H. said...

Those look great....what an awesome way to use up your scraps! I can't wait to see how it all comes together...see you tomorrow!