Friday, December 28, 2012

LVMQG Exchange

It was an exciting night for our modern quilt guild meeting because it included a pot luck dinner and our mini quilt exchange. With one day to spare I finished my project to give to Vic. Look what I received! It is so fun, done in bright Kaffe fabrics, it will fit right into my sewing room. Love the button detail. Thanks Vic.

LVMQG Mini Quilt Exchange   Dec. 2012
The bag is right up my alley too, made out of juice boxes woven together. No, Vic did not make this. 

I am trying to get more creative with my photography by putting the projects in the bushes, as one friend described my background. 

Here is the project I made for Vic.

LVMQG Mini Quilt Exchange  Dec. 2012

Quilting detail
I took this at just the right time of day to get the quilting detail. I quilted the hexagon shape heavily so the sewing machines would puff up. The pink is actually more puffy than it looks in the photo.

Detail
I added a Swarovski flat backed crystals to the sewing machines for detail, thanks to my friend Rickie, as well as hand stitching the black dotted line on the fabric. I used #16 pearl cotton and thought it was #8 but it looked okay. It was my first time hand stitching with pearl cotton and it has to be easier without trying to follow a line.

Looking forward to 2013. Be safe if you are out and about on New Year's eve. Make time for your sewing therapy.

3 comments:

jan said...

Those are both amazing quilts! I love the fussy cut centers and the dimension that the lighter pink squares provide!

Vic H. said...

I think putting quilts in bushes is a fine idea! Nice backdrop...and I love the mini you gave me. It is now in my sewing room and you'll see a pic on my blog tomorrow! Thanks for all of your efforts...you rock!

Julie said...

both projects are gorgeous!