Thursday, April 11, 2013

Another No Sew Post

I know it has been a month since I posted but... when I get a call that my sister is in the hospital with pneumonia and sepsis I don't know about you, but I get on a plane. No hand sewing projects or anything but clothes and my Kindle. I was in Connecticut for almost three weeks. After reading 3 books my hands were going stir crazy so I ventured out for knitting needles and yarn. I haven't done any knitting for say, 40 years. It all comes back to you like riding a bike.


March 2013

I didn't have a pattern so I casted on until I got bored then turned around and knitted the next row. Lucky for me it is the perfect width. I used three colors. I stay with a color until I get bored and then change up to the next one. There seems to be a reoccurring theme here. I know, I have the attention span of a gnat sometime. 



4 deer in the backyard. 2013

You know how I like to see wild animals up close and personal. There were 4  adult female deer and a baby one eating in the forest. I was in the house talking to one of my sewing buddies and due to the snow I could see activity in the forest. This is my sisters back yard and I'm looking out the window. I can see 4 in this picture but I think the baby is behind the post. I wish I knew how to draw those circles around an object so you can see the deer clearly.



Another window March 2013

They all ventured around the neighbors house and across the street to the path that leads to a pond.

My sister is on the mend and I am home. I have a three day sew in this weekend and hope to get some work done on my Dancing Stars and other UFO in my room. I was in a panic because I have a Bernina that needed a new hook due to a crack in mine and my Juki that needs a new tension assembly. I bought the hook for the Bernina so I am set to sew this weekend. 

Until next time...quilt happy.


2 comments:

jan said...

So glad your sis is on the mend! That sounds like scary stuff! Mindless knitting can be soothing, I think. The colors are lovely!

Julie said...

Glad to hear your sis is on the road to recovery! Happy Sewing to you!