Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Farmers Wife Night

Tonight is Farmers Wife night with the girls. Where do the weeks go? I needed some motivation to do some more blocks so I photographed each one that I have done so far.




Block #1. I know this is over the top with the prints but the one thing I do know is you won't find another one like it!



Block #2. I had not decided my sashing would be black when I did this block.



Block #6. I have to do #4 and #5 over. I forgot when you paper piece that you have to cut your strips much wider than I did. Oops!




Block #9. I decided to do mine a little different. Who would guess?




Block #9. The blue fabric is one that I LOVE, is old and I never wanted to use it up but it was perfect for this block. We all have those kind that we just hate to cut up.




Block #11. This is another I did before I decided on black sashing.




Block #19






Block #20




Block #21




Block #29




Block # 64


A total of 14 with the other 3 I posted some time back. For those of you who aren't familiar with Farmers Wife all these blocks are 6 1/2". Over the weekend a friend in another Farmers Wife group showed us her finished top! She added a few extra from the Insane quilt (we had started but discontinued) to enlarge her quilt. At this point I can't even imagine Farmers Wife finished.


Have a happy...

2 comments:

Vic H. said...

I like the churn dash the best! Nice work....

jan said...

Those blocks are stunning! I am in awe of your ability to combine chaos and come out with blocks that look marvelous!