Friday, January 13, 2012

Why Do I Do These Kind?

I have been sewing, but mostly I have been organizing my already started projects and cleaning up for my friends visit on Sunday. We have a really cool project to work on while she is here and I will reveal what it is after she arrives and we start sewing. 


I know you have seen this one before but now all I have to do is sew the rows together. 

Pick Up Sticks  Jan. 2012
A friend let me borrow her Accuquilt Studio over Christmas break. She is a teacher and they have two weeks off so she went home to Michigan. I cut strips and squares and had a wonderful time. It really is as easy as they say and you can cut an entire project in no time. I needed to return it so I made her a zipper pouch to use when she goes to the gym as a little thank you.

Zipper Pouch Jan. 2012

I needed a break from cleaning my room so yesterday after reading a new book, Create Your Own Free-form Quilts by Rayna Gillman I got my old 'not motivated but want to sew' box of sewn together strips and made this!

Zipper Pouch  Jan. 2012

It started out as a journal cover but it was too big so I turned it into a zipper pouch. It was lined so that's why I couldn't just cut some off to fit the journal. Some of those sewn together strips were years old. You do look at them different when you haven't seen them for awhile. It needs more curves.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Vic H. said...

Love that last zipper pouch...very creative!!

sheila 77 said...

Love the colour combinations in your quilt and the way you have the blocks of orange cleverly positioned in it.