Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sneak Peek

I was so pleased with how my journal cover swap came out I thought I would show you THE BACK! I don't know if my swap partner reads my blog but if she does she can only imagine what the front looks like. I have an issue with journal covers. For every one that turns out, there is another one that was too small. Yes, I will complete the front of the first one and be searching for a book that is a little bit smaller. The last one that was too small I turned into a zipper bag here!


LVMQG Journal Cover Swap  May 2012

I found a picture of the back of the pickle dish quilt that shows the handwork detail. Unbelievable.


Pickle Dish detail

There was a note with this next quilt that said this quilt was 100 years old in 1957. It had some holes and the batting was coming out in places but it was so cool to see something that is 155 years old! It was well used by someone.



Karen's Collection

It seems my response to seeing these quilts in person is a big WOW. Thanks Karen, I look forward to seeing more.

Until next time, have a happy _____. You fill in the blank!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have been known to slice a little sliver off the top and bottom of a spiral notebook cover to make it fit in my fancy cover. Just add 1/4" to whatever size you think you need it to be and it should come out ok. I won't tell you how many I've made that were too small...