Monday, June 13, 2011

Another UFO Finished


Along with cutting my 5" squares for the Warm Cool quilt along I have quilted and put the binding on a wall piece I made for the girls playroom. I started this a year ago. I so I am glad to have it off my design wall and going to their house. These are two and a half year old twin girls that I have been involved with almost since birth. They have no local extended family so I am their Auntie Sharon. I made this piece to be used as a grow chart but was afraid that if I quilted the white part you wouldn't be able to write the name and date on the fabric. It is 12" x 44" so as a beginner quilter it took me all day to do the quilting. It is raw edge applique so I used lots of thread! Not a good picture but it will have to do.



Need to make a decision on the Kaleidoscope quit along fabric. Put together one group of fabrics. I think I will add more to go with these colors. I'm used to flying by the seat of my pants. You have to be organized to do a quilt along! Good to be out of my comfort zone.


Until next time, happy sewing.

1 comment:

Vic H. said...

Well, that is a cute little wall hanging--very "happy"! I'm sure the girls will love it. And I admire you for jumping into a quilt along at the same time as all the other stuff. I can't wait to see what comes of all of it! Good luck!