Saturday, February 18, 2012

Picnic Play Quilt

My retreat quilt has been finished since Tuesday.The clouds and wind have been around or the Husband has not been home to hold the quilt while I photograph it. 

I had so much fun making this quilt. I have never bought fabric and a week later the quilt is made. I bought the fabric with the Picnic Play quilt in mind. That is another thing I have never done. Buy fabric with a quilt in mind. Not!

Feb. 2012 

These are not my usual colors and the change was nice. For the next retreat I think having everything cut prior to the weekend would be a good plan.




The pattern is in this issue. It is rare that I find a magazine that has more than one quilt that I am interested in. This one has three!

The Husband and I are on our way to Hawaii next Saturday for two weeks. I have been trying to figure out what to take for hand sewing. I have been working on a few instant gratification projects since I am already going through withdrawals from my fabric therapy. 

Until next time ... happy sewing.  

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the colors in your quilt. So bright and happy. Safe travels to Hawaii!

jan said...

The quilt looks wonderful! Hope you have a great trip!

Cola said...

It turned out great! :) I love the colors!